Summer is the perfectly haute time to add head-turning trends to your wardrobe. Not sure which trends to embrace? Once you check each of the items below off your list, we promise you'll feel at the top of this summer's fashion game. From colors to fabrics, silhouettes, details and accessories - we've singled out seven elements that you should incorporate into your existing wardrobe this summer.
Click here to shop the trends 😍
1. When the nineties-inspired bike shorts were brought to our attention by the Kardashian clan a little while ago, even we didn't know how to react. But seeing how the trend's been embraced and rocked by so many of IG's "it" girls and our own customers, we are now totally on board. The wonderful thing about bike shorts is that they can be dressed up or down according to the occasion or time of day. So, Princie babes, get yourselves a pair of bike shorts of any fabric, and feel free to pair that pair with a crop top, a below-the-waist shirt, sneakers, heels or sandals.
2. All sorts of neons have been trending for some months now, but they've recently hit the micro-trend level - and we absolutely love it! The SS19 fashion weeks in Milan, Paris, New York and London were beaming of fluorescent shades that every "it" girl should have in her closet this summer. What makes us increasingly excited about the neon trend sticking around is that the neon palette looks SO GOOD on tan skin! See the insta-photos below for some inspo.
3. The "unicorn" color palette is another set of shades we've been crushing on. What do we mean by "unicorn" colors, you ask? Think pastels, iridescent hues, pearly purples and anything that shimmers. Still don't quite get it? See the photos below for a better idea. If you like to be one of the firsts to flaunt a cool trend, this color palette is exactly for you right now.
4. Reflective gear is all the rage this summer. Most flash-reflective clothing items look like plain gray pieces. When a camera's flash or direct lights hit them, however, these pieces literally shine! Sounds completely amazing? We think so, too. If you're a bold fashionista, we certainly recommend you try out at least one flash-reflective piece (if not for yourself, then for the 'gram ;) )
5. The daring cutout (aka "underboob") bikinis are undoubtedly one of the hottest beach silhouettes you'll see this season. Depending on the size and fit, these bikini tops may or may not actually reveal the lower part of your chest, and any regular halter-tie bikini top can be transformed into one that shows some lower cleavage by simply being tied tighter on top. One way or another, we can't ignore our favorite "it" girls recently rocking this trend.
6. Buckle details have lately been an edgy addition to outfits of amazing street-style moments everywhere. If you're looking for a unique way to remain innovative with your clothes, try any piece that includes a plastic (or at least plastic-looking) buckle. From belts (obviously), to tops, dresses, bottoms and bikini sets - the buckle details are fun and original.
7. We know you couldn't have missed hair accessories making the best comeback they have since, perhaps, Gossip Girl days. For those of you who understand that small details often make a huge difference, this is the time to acquire all sorts of large hair slides, clips and pins embellished with pearls, stones and glitter. Pro tip: wear more than one hair slide/clip at a time to flaunt a little extra chic.